Anglers enjoy our dishes so much that they often ask for recipes. Here are a few of our favorites.
Ingredients; fillets and marinade
- 8 fillets of fish (or chicken)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt - a pinch
- 2 tbsp. Sazon (a Brazilian seasoning - you can substitute Paul Prudhomme's "Seafood Magic")
- 1 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper - sliced in chunks
- 1 small jalapeno - chopped fine
- 1/2 ancho pepper - chopped fine
- 1 tomato - sliced in chunks
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 1 onion - sliced in chunks
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced pearl onions
- 1 cup fish or chicken broth
While preparing the other ingredients, marinate the fillets in a mixture made from the lemon juice, half of the chopped garlic, the Sazon, a pinch of salt and the black pepper. When everything else is prepared, lightly saute the fillets, coated with the marinade. Remove from pan and reserve.
In the pan used for the fillets, first lightly saute the remainder of the garlic, the onion, green pepper, jalapeno, ancho and olives over medium heat. When the onion is just becoming golden, add the tomato paste and broth over medium/high heat. When the sauce begins to boil, add the cilantro and pearl onions. After 3 minutes, add the fillets. Lower the flame and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is thick. May be thickened with corn starch if desired. Serve fillets coated with sauce.
Curried Carrot Soup
- 8 carrots, peeled and sliced into discs
- 3 liters of water
- 4 blocks of chicken bullion
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 bay leaves or curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 chunk of ginger
- 12 ounces of condensed milk or heavy cream (creme de leite)
Combine all ingredients except cream, in a pot and boil. When the onion is soft, remove from heat and allow to cool. Puree the combined ingredients in a blender. Prior to serving, add cream and heat in pot.
Coming Soon - More recipes
We will be adding more recipes for some of our client's and our chef's favorite Blackwater Explorer dishes.