Remote Headwaters Access
Exclusive Indian Reservation - Floating Bungalow Trip
Remote Headwaters Access
Rio Matupiri - Fly-in Floating Bungalows
Species: Peacock Bass (Cichla temensis)
Country: Brazil (Central Amazon Region)
Fishery: Amazon Lowlands - Rio Madeira basin.
Accommodation Type: Fly-in Floating Bungalow Camp
Hosted by: Heraldo Regis
Format: Double Occupancy
The following is included with the price of the trip:
- Comprehensive travel insurance for our clients (up to age 75) is provided via IMG Insurance.
- Comprehensive Medical and site Evacuation services are provided via Global Rescue.
- Airport assistance and transfers
- Overnight at our Manaus home based hotel.
- Six + full days of fishing
- 7 nights in camp, double occupancy cabin
- Gourmet meals, fine wines
- Open bar
- In-country floatplane flights
- Fishing licenses, rods & reels & lures
- Guided fishing (2 anglers/ boat)
- Dayroom at our Manaus home based hotel
What's Not Included:
These Items are not included in the price of the trip, however, we will be happy to arrange all of these services for you, upon request, as part of our turn-key trip package:
- Air transportation to Manaus, Brazil
- Visas (for those countries where required — U.S., Canada and Australia are exempt.)
- Fly Fishing gear
Upgrades and Extras:
Acute Angling provides these necessary services, options and upgrades for its clients as part of our turn-key trip package:
- International air transportation. We can advise or book Acute Angling clients on international carriers servicing Manaus, Brazil.
- All fishing tackle for this trip is included - additional gear, species and location specific, is available through; www.tackle-box.net
- Complete passport and visa service is available from ItsEasy Visa Services.
- Single occupancy cabin upgrade is available upon request.
Floating Bungalows on the Rio Matupiri
This might just be the best fly-fishing destination in the Amazon! Experience great fly-rod action and conventional tackle fishing success in this protected Indian reservation fishery.
Want even more from a fishing trip? You’ll enjoy the comfort, convenience and security of our mobile floating bungalows; Enjoy roomy cabins, comfortable beds, private bathrooms, hot showers, air-conditioning, excellent wines, gourmet meals and an always open bar. There’s no “roughing it” here. Experience the exclusivity of floatplane access and the excitement of casting to protected waters with the Amazon’s foremost fishing experts.
Our Fly-In Floating Bungalow Camp is the perfect fishing tool for remote regions of the Amazon lowlands, providing headwaters access, mobility and luxurious comfort. On arrival from the US, you travel directly to our Floating Bungalow camp via a new, state-of-the-art, 8 passenger Cessna Caravan turbo prop floatplane, effectively eliminating commercial flights, long (5-7 hour) boat travel or expensive daily Fly-Outs.
Day 0 — International Travel
Depart U.S. via International flight. Arrive in Manaus in the late evening. After clearing customs, our transfer guide will meet you and bring you to our Manaus home base hotel, where you’ll overnight.
Day 1 — Transfer to Camp
Board our float plane directly to the camp in the early AM. Arrive before midday, relax and enjoy lunch and get your gear ready for an afternoon of fishing.
Day 2 through Day 7
Six full days of fishing. Your angling day begins with a 5:30 AM wake up call followed by breakfast at 6:00 AM. Your guide will be ready to depart at first light, although you can remain in camp at your leisure. Relax for an hour at lunchtime each day. Return to camp by 5:00 PM for appetizers, drinks and bragging, followed by a delicious dinner. Jungle hikes, spotlighting trips and catfishing can be arranged.
Early morning, take the floatplane back to Manaus, arriving before noon. Relax in a dayroom at our Manaus home base hotel or arrange a city tour of Manaus. Depart Manaus via International flight around midnight.
NOTE - Trip dates and Itineraries may vary depending on air carriers schedules and availability.
Rio Matupiri - High Numbers Peacock Bass - Cichla temensis
This Season's Remaining Trips
Next Season's Trips
|FE-01||Sep 2, 2021||Rio Matupiri||Sep 9, 2021||$5850/$8850||5 Openings|
|FE-03||Sep 16, 2021||Rio Matupiri||Sep 23, 2021||$5850/$8850||4 Openings|
|FE-04||Sep 23, 2021||Rio Matupiri||Sep 30, 2021||$5850/$8850||8 Openings|