Remote Headwaters Access
Exclusive Indian Reservation - Floating Bungalow Trip
Remote Headwaters Access
Rio Matupiri - Fly-in Floating Bungalows
Species: Peacock Bass (Cichla temensis)
Country: Brazil (Central Amazon Region)
Fishery: Amazon Lowlands - Rio Madeira basin.
Accommodation Type: Fly-in Floating Bungalow Camp
Hosted by: Heraldo Regis
Format: Double Occupancy
All of the following are included with the price of this “all-inclusive” trip:
- Comprehensive travel insurance for our clients (up to age 75) is provided via IMG Insurance.
- Comprehensive Medical and site Evacuation services are provided via Global Rescue.
- Airport assistance and transfers
- Overnight at our Manaus home-base hotel.
- Six (6) + days of fishing
- Seven (7) nights on the Blackwater Explorer
- Double or single occupancy cabin
- Gourmet meals; fine wines
- Well-stocked open bar
- Charter flights
- Fishing licenses, lures, rods & reels
- Guided fishing (2 anglers/ boat)
- Dayroom at our Manaus home-base hotel
What's Not Included:
The only things we can’t include are discretionary tipping and travel services provided by other entities. However, we will be happy to arrange these services for you, upon request, as part of our “turn-key” trip package:
- International air transportation. We can advise (or book) Acute Angling clients on international carriers servicing Manaus, Brazil.
- Tipping — discretionary
- Passports — required
- Visas (for those countries where required — U.S., Canada and Australia are exempt.)
- Fly Fishing gear
additional services & options:
Acute Angling provides these additional services and options for its clients as part of our turn-key trip package:
- International air transportation. Our travel representative can arrange and book flights for Acute Angling clients on international carriers servicing Manaus, Brazil.
- All fishing tackle needed for this trip is included at no charge - However, for those who just have to have something additional, specialized gear, species and location specific, is available through; www.tackle-box.net
- Complete passport and visa service is available from ItsEasy Visa Services.
- Single occupancy cabins and single boat or reservation upgrades are available upon request.
Floating Bungalows on the Rio Matupiri
This might just be the best fly-fishing destination in the Amazon! Experience both great fly-rod action and conventional tackle fishing success in this protected Indian reservation fishery.
Want even more from a fishing trip? You’ll enjoy the comfort, convenience and security of our mobile floating bungalows; Enjoy roomy cabins, comfortable beds, private bathrooms, hot showers, air-conditioning, excellent wines, gourmet meals and an always open bar. There’s no “roughing it” here. Experience the exclusivity of floatplane access and the excitement of casting to protected Indian reservation waters with the Amazon’s foremost fishing experts.
Our Fly-In Floating Bungalow Camp is the perfect fishing tool for accessing difficult to navigate regions of the Amazon lowlands, providing full mobility and surprising comfort. On arrival from the US, you travel directly to our Floating Bungalow camp via a new, state-of-the-art, 8 passenger Cessna Caravan turbo prop floatplane, effectively eliminating commercial flights, long (5-7 hour) boat travel or expensive daily Fly-Outs.
Day 0 — International Travel
Depart U.S. via International flight. Arrive in Manaus in the late evening. After clearing customs, our transfer guide will meet you and bring you to our Manaus home base hotel, where you’ll overnight.
Day 1 — Transfer to Camp
Board our float plane directly to the camp in the early AM. Arrive before midday, relax and enjoy lunch and get your gear ready for an afternoon of fishing.
Day 2 through Day 7
Six full days of fishing. Your angling day begins with a 5:30 AM wake up call followed by breakfast at 6:00 AM. Your guide will be ready to depart at first light, although you can remain in camp at your leisure. Relax for an hour at lunchtime each day. Return to camp by 5:00 PM for appetizers, drinks and bragging, followed by a delicious dinner. Jungle hikes, spotlighting trips and catfishing can be arranged.
Early morning, take the floatplane back to Manaus, arriving before noon. Relax in a dayroom at our Manaus home base hotel or arrange a city tour of Manaus. Depart Manaus via International flight around midnight.
NOTE - Trip dates and Itineraries may vary depending on air carriers schedules and availability.
Rio Matupiri - High Numbers Peacock Bass - Cichla temensis
This Season's Remaining Trips
Next Season's Trips
|FE-01||Sep 2, 2021||Rio Matupiri||Sep 9, 2021||$5850||5 Openings|
|FE-03||Sep 16, 2021||Rio Matupiri||Sep 23, 2021||$5850||4 Openings|
|FE-04||Sep 23, 2021||Rio Matupiri||Sep 30, 2021||$5850||8 Openings|