Amazon River Monsters – Exclusive Indian Reserve
Multi-Species Fishing Trips
Amazon River Monsters – Exclusive Indian Reserve
Multi-species Variety Trip — Picapau Lodge on the Rio Travessão
- Predators — Payara, Fast-water Peacock Bass, Wolfish (Trairão), Bicuda, Pacu and more.
- Giant Catfish — Goliath (Piraiba) catfish, Red-Tail Catfish, Jundira, Jau, Sorubim and more.
Country: Brazil (Guyana Shield Region)
Fishery: Northern Amazon Highlands
Accommodation Type: Air-conditioned, rustic lodge
Hosted by: Wellington Melo
Format: Double occupancy
All of the following are included with the price of this “all-inclusive” trip:
- Comprehensive travel insurance for our clients (up to age 75) is provided via IMG Insurance.
- Comprehensive Medical and site Evacuation services are provided via Global Rescue.
- Airport assistance and transfers
- Overnight at our Manaus home-base hotel.
- Six (6) + days of fishing
- Seven (7) nights on the Blackwater Explorer
- Double or single occupancy cabin
- Gourmet meals; fine wines
- Well-stocked open bar
- Charter flights
- Fishing licenses, lures, rods & reels
- Guided fishing (2 anglers/ boat)
- Dayroom at our Manaus home-base hotel
What's Not Included:
The only things we can’t include are discretionary tipping and travel services provided by other entities. However, we will be happy to arrange these services for you, upon request, as part of our “turn-key” trip package:
- International air transportation. We can advise (or book) Acute Angling clients on international carriers servicing Manaus, Brazil.
- Tipping — discretionary
- Passports — required
- Visas (for those countries where required — U.S., Canada and Australia are exempt.)
- Fly Fishing gear
additional services & options:
Acute Angling provides these additional services and options for its clients as part of our turn-key trip package:
- International air transportation. Our travel representative can arrange and book flights for Acute Angling clients on international carriers servicing Manaus, Brazil.
- All fishing tackle needed for this trip is included at no charge - However, for those who just have to have something additional, specialized gear, species and location specific, is available through; www.tackle-box.net
- Complete passport and visa service is available from ItsEasy Visa Services.
- Single occupancy cabins and single boat or reservation upgrades are available upon request.
This trip is for everyone — even the angler who’s done it all. The Rio Travessão, isolated by impassable waterfalls and inside a protected Indian reservation is the Amazon’s most outstanding variety fishery. We have the great privilege of operating our fishing lodge within its protected, exclusive waters. Join us on the ultimate Amazon fishing adventure.
The Travessão's isolated habitats hold a true potpourri of Amazon species. Big, ugly wolfish to 35 lbs, bicuda to 3 feet long, hieroglyphic patterned sorubim, pacu and the biggest black piranha we’ve ever seen haunt the narrow braids and creeks, while wider sections hold chunky peacock bass in rocky shallows and trophy payara in quick running tailraces. Deep holes harbor the Amazon’s most gigantic catfish, including 350+ lb. piraiba, huge jau, big redtails, jundira and more.
If you’re looking for extreme fishing excitement and a true Amazon adventure, join us on the wild and isolated Rio Travessão and become among the few outsiders to ever experience these eerily beautiful lands.
Our rustic, air-conditioned lodge provides a comfortable home base in this pristine wilderness. With private bathrooms and walk-in showers, anglers enjoy a spacious and well-organized domicile. With our staff's full-service commitment, you can concentrate on the exciting fishing, enjoy the great meals and just relax.
Where Navigation is not an Option - Acute Angling’s Picapau Lodge is the perfect answer. Where fast water, rapids and rocky braids deny access to house-boats and floating camps alike, only an operation like our land-based lodge can fulfill the purpose. A Cessna Caravan floatplane flies you over the obstacles and brings you there in total comfort and safety. Our mission, however, goes beyond simply getting there; We've designed and outfitted our lodge to meet the challenge of providing a surprisingly comfortable, civilized and secure base of operations from which our anglers can pursue the Amazon's rarest and most exotic fishes in otherwise totally inaccessible waters.
For those who want even more adventure — We’ve installed our portable safari-style tent camp one day’s fishing upriver from the lodge. Anglers wishing to take advantage of the full extent of this awesome fishery can opt to fish their way upriver and spend a night — or two — or three — and then fish their way back down.
Day 0 — International Travel
Depart U.S. via International flight. Arrive in Manaus in the late evening. After clearing customs, our transfer guide will meet you and bring you to our Manaus home base hotel, where you’ll overnight.
Day 1 — Transfer to Lodge
Board our chartered Cessna Caravan floatplane to the lodge in the early AM. Arrive before midday, relax and enjoy lunch and get your gear ready for an afternoon of fishing.
Day 2 through Day 7
Six full days of fishing. Your angling day begins with a 5:30 AM wake up call followed by breakfast at 6:00 AM. Your guide will be ready to depart at first light, although you can remain at the lodge at your leisure. Relax for an hour at lunchtime each day. Return to the lodge by dusk for appetizers, drinks and bragging, followed by a delicious dinner. Jungle hikes, spotlighting trips and village visits can be arranged.
Early morning, take the floatplane back to Manaus, arriving before noon. Relax in a dayroom at our Manaus home base hotel or arrange a city tour of Manaus. Depart Manaus via International flight around midnight.
NOTE - Trip dates and Itineraries may vary depending on air carriers schedules and availability.
Pristine Wilderness — Great Variety — Amazon River Monsters
This Season's Remaining Trips
|ET-06||Nov 16, 2020||Rio Travessao||Nov 23, 2020||$5850||3 Openings|
|ET-08||Nov 30, 2020||Rio Travessao||Dec 7, 2020||$5850||2 Openings|
|ET-09||Dec 7, 2020||Rio Travessao||Dec 14, 2020||$5850||6 Openings|
|ET-10||Dec 14, 2020||Rio Travessao||Dec 21, 2020||$5850||8 Openings|
|ET-12||Dec 28, 2020||Rio Travessao||Jan 4, 2021||$5850||8 Openings|
|ET-13||Jan 4, 2021||Rio Travessao||Jan 11, 2021||$5850||9 Openings|
|ET-14||Jan 11, 2021||Rio Travessao||Jan 18, 2021||$5850||8 Openings|
|ET-15||Jan 18, 2021||Rio Travessao||Jan 25, 2021||$5850||8 Openings|
|ET-16||Jan 25, 2021||Rio Travessao||Feb 1, 2021||$5850||3 Openings|
|ET-17||Feb 1, 2021||Rio Travessao||Feb 8, 2021||$5850||8 Openings|
|ET-18||Feb 8, 2021||Rio Travessao||Feb 15, 2021||$5850||1 Opening|
Next Season's Trips
|FT-04||Nov 1, 2021||Rio Travessao||Nov 8, 2021||$5850||2 Openings|
|FT-06||Nov 15, 2021||Rio Travessao||Nov 22, 2021||$5850||6 Openings|
|FT-07||Nov 22, 2021||Rio Travessao||Nov 29, 2021||$5850||7 Openings|
|FT-11||Dec 20, 2021||Rio Travessao||Dec 27, 2021||$5850||8 Openings|
|FT-19||Feb 14, 2022||Rio Travessao||Feb 21, 2022||$5850||8 Openings|